Craft storage cabinet: Wood craft ideas
- by admin
A craft storage drawer in your garage might be your new favorite way to store your craft supplies.
Here’s what you need to know to make one for yourself or a friend.
You’re going to need to be able to get at least a few of these DIY craft storage cabinets into your home.
You’ll need a decent power outlet, a small hookup cord, some wire, and a couple of small pieces of wood.
Here are some ideas for the parts and tools you’ll need to get started.
1) Power supply: A power outlet is a great way to hook up to a power source for your DIY storage cabinets.
A 3- or 4-pin cord is usually enough to hook these up to the wall outlet, so you don’t have to drill a hole in the wall to get them in.
A simple power cord or outlet from the local hardware store works well for this purpose.
You can also get an outlet from a local appliance store for about the same price.
You could also buy one of these power cords from your local hardware or appliance store.
A standard 3-pin power cord works well.
A 5-pin, 6-pin or 7-pin is usually plenty for most DIY storage solutions.
If you need a larger power supply, you can also find these power adapters that plug into your outlet.
They’ll work with most power outlets.
You might also want to purchase a power supply for a larger DIY storage cabinet.
2) Hookup cord: A 5 or 6-foot long hookup-cord is a perfect way to attach your DIY craft supplies to the ceiling, wall, or other structure.
They’re often easy to install, and they’ll fit right into most DIY craft cabinets.
3) Wire: A length of 4- or 6 and 6-mm wire will be sufficient for your projects.
A piece of 6- or 8-mm extension wire can be used as a wire tie, but you might need to bend it a little to fit the DIY storage drawer into the cabinet.
4) Wire tie: Some DIY storage containers come with wire tie hooks.
These hook up the storage cabinets to the walls, ceiling, or anything else you need.
The hookups are also a handy way to hang some of your DIY supplies from the ceiling.
You may need to trim some of the ends of the wire tie to make the storage cabinet fit.
5) Hook up wire: You might be able a couple other things to hook your DIY project into your DIY cabinets.
If your storage cabinets are very tall, you might want to add a few more hooks.
A pair of 8- to 10-foot lengths of 5- or 10-mm (or 6- to 8-inch) extension wire is good for this, too.
6) Wire loop: The longer the wire, the longer the length of hookup wire you need for your project.
You should always start with a long hook and add length as needed to get a decent length of wire for your storage cabinet and some hooks for your hooks.
7) Hook: There are some other ways to attach a DIY storage container to the cabinet or ceiling.
A 2-foot length of 6 or 8mm (about 2 feet) of 4/16″ (or 1 inch) long extension wire will work.
A long piece of 5/8″ (about 3/4 inch) extension wood can be cut to fit in your storage space.
A length or two of 1/4″ (3/4 to 1 inch), 3/8″, or 1/2″ (1/2 to 1/8 inch) string will also work.
8) Hook tie: A 2/4-inch (1 inch) hook is perfect for attaching the storage shelves and drawers to the shelf or drawers.
It will attach securely to the shelves and make it easier to secure your storage shelves.
The other option is to use a length of 2-inch long extension wood that fits into the storage space between the cabinets and drawings.
A couple of lengths of 1-inch and 3/16-inch lengths of 4 to 5/16 inch (about 1/16 to 1 foot) can also work as hooks.
9) Wire tapper: A 1/32-inch-wide, 3/32″-wide strip of 3/64″ (5/32 to 3/48 inch) length of 3- to 5-mm-long extension wire (about the length you’d use to hang a tie on a wall or other fixture) can be hung in your space and attached to the storage containers with a little twist.
You won’t need to drill holes in the cabinet for this piece of wire, so it won’t damage the cabinets or draw the cabinets apart.
10) Hook hook: The hook and hook tapper can also be used to attach storage cabinets and other DIY projects to the drawers or shelves.
You need a length or
A craft storage drawer in your garage might be your new favorite way to store your craft supplies.Here’s what you…